What causes depression?
Nobody knows exactly what causes the brain disease we call depression, but there are many possible causes and theories.
- Depression runs in my family
- You’d be depressed too if you grew up with my father
- Anybody would be depressed if what’s happened to me happened to them
- My situation would get to anybody
- Under the circumstances anyone would be blue
- I just have bad luck in everything
- So many of my friends and family have died
- Everything was fine, and then it hit for no reason
- It’s a chemical imbalance
The truth is we don’t know what causes depression. There are a great many possible causes – genetics, family background, trauma, grief, situations, neurotransmitter deficits – all of which may be contributory. We could make a very long list.
Maybe one day we’ll have it all figured out. Maybe we’ll know exactly what causes clinical depression.
In the meantime one of our goals is to stamp out depression worldwide. We don’t know exactly what causes depression, but we know it’s a brain disease, and we know there are effective and safe treatments. We know that many of depression’s victims can be helped.
Please don’t let anyone’s smile be lost to depression!
Hollywood may call once they see this live, unedited video, but just in case they don’t, we have another plan – continuing to share information which may help stamp out depression worldwide – and we’d like to have you help by sharing information about depression and its treatment with your Facebook friends, etc.
We know at TMS Augusta depression is a treatable brain disease. In Georgia TMS does a lot of heavy lifting when it comes to helping rid people of this heartbreaking disease, but the treatment is available worldwide, not just in our backyard.
Previous video: Part 3 of Stamp Out Depression Augusta
Next video: Part 5 of Stamp Out Depression Augusta