No, we’re not kidding.
Eating more produce can help us in many ways.
- We feel more creative
- We are more curious, and more engaged
- We have more meaning, and purpose
- We have more positive feelings
- We have a lower risk of depression
- We are less likely to report depressive symptoms
Many studies have examined the connection between isolated nutrients and foods on depression, few have looked at the relationship between overall, aggregate diet and mood.
Here we have studies pointing to the mood related benefits of a diet rich in whole, fresh foods. Good for the body, and good for the brain. We advise eating multiple servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
Oh, something else we’ve noticed was confirmed, “Those who reported a higher intake of processed foods were more likely to experience depression.”