TMS Augusta uses exclusively the NeuroStar Therapy System which is an FDA-cleared safe and effective non-drug depression treatment for patients who are not satisfied with the results of standard drug therapy.
This novel treatment option provides benefits without the side effects often associated with antidepressant medication.
Our Advanced TMS Using the NeuroStar Therapy System:
- Is similar to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Uses precisely targeted repetitive short magnetic pulses
- Stimulates key areas of the brain that are under-active in patients with depression
- Is conducted right in the our office in Augusta, Georgia
- Patients love it because it’s so easy on their bodies, and because it’s so often effective
Facts about NeuroStar TMS Depression Treatment
- Patients are awake and alert during treatment
- Patients can go back to their normal activities immediately after treatment
- In-office treatment takes about 37 minutes
- Treatment is administered 5 days a week, for approximately 4 to 6 weeks
- Is a paradigm shift in psychiatric treatment
With over 500 NeuroStar physicians providing therapy, and more than 20,000 patients treated, this novel treatment approach to achieving remission is bringing new hope to patients every day.
Advanced TMS with the NeuroStar Therapy System may not be right for everyone. Make an appointment with our office. Find out how this proven depression treatment can help, and whether it is right for you.
In Georgia TMS does a lot of heavy lifting. Watch a video to learn more.
Janicak PG, et al. (2008). J Clin Psychiatry, 69(2):222-232
NeuroStar Prescribing Information Data on file. Neuronetics, Inc.